Friday, February 18, 2011

PDCC #69 plus CASE Study Challenge

Play Date Cafe combine with CASE Study Challenge

Another challenge with a twist. This week over at the Play Date Cafe they have set a challenge but not just any challenge a
'Combined Grind' Challenge


We have to focus on the colours from the Play Date Cafe challenge which are Black, Red and Green and then any thing we want at CASE Study



Wow I say I think I have enough trouble doing a card for one challenge, but saying that it is called a challenge after all, So off I went to have a think.
I tried really hard to think outside the square this time, and wanted to have lots of embellishments on my card, rather than stamping this time. Oh I know I can't really make a card with out stamping on it somewhere. hehe

So without further ado here is my card I came up with, hope you like it.

I have used my Nestabilities Scalloped Rectangles to make my card this time instead of the usual square. I then used a smaller one to give my card the black layer. I have used red and white ribbon and real red ribbon threaded through the ribbon ring. Then added my flower embellishment with the three colours and a black rhinestone in the middle, finishing off with 3 red rhinestones along the right hand side. Now I did say I was going to try not stamp but I know I just couldn't do it, my card needed a sentiment so I used the saying "Because I care" and daubed red ink around the edges.

Now don't forget to pop over to the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study for lots more inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by and leave me a comment so I know you have visited because I love reading your comments.

Happy Stamping


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love a girl who admits she can't make a card without stamping somewhere on it. I feel the same way. :) Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Karen, the colors are so rich and regal! Beautiful gems, that gorgeous border and the buckle are divine! Thanks for playing along with both CASE Study and the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, this card is drenched in color! I love that buckle you used; like the perfect piece of jewelry. Thanks for playing with us at the Play Date cAfe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card, I love how you've done the buckle, it's such a fun idea! Thanks for playing along us in our combined challenge with the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely Karen, the rhinestones are a perfect addition. So glad you could play along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, Karen! I love the bling :) Thank you for joining us for our special challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I love receiving and reading them all. Karen