Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Mothers Day SUO#17

Mothers Day Card Challenge
SUO Challenge #17

Well here is another card for the SUO Challenge #17. With Mother's Day coming up, this week was the focus on Mother's Day. Well a subject I am very fond of, one because I am a mum, but because I have a wonderful Mother and Mother-in-Law that I can spoil. I love making cards for special people in mind and Mothers Day is full of flowers. Hence why I made a flower card. I decided to use my favorite colours for this card, partially because my Mum loves green, but also because I really do like these colours together.Like I said I have used my favorite colours, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and Very Vanilla. I have also used the Top Note Die and the Tulip Embossing folder with the bigshot. I then made my Gorgeous Roses. Tania Gould was very kind in showing us how to make these gorgeous flowers and I have used them alot, as they are so easy to make. Thanks Tania.

Here is a close up of the flowers. I have used the Shimmer Paint for the sparkle and I sponged the edges with Whisper White.


This is what the inside of the card looks like. As you can see I used the Tulips Embossing Folder for the inside, something a little different, but I do like it..

Well thats about it, thanks for looking and hopefully my Mother will love her card as much as I had making it. Don't forget to click over to the SUO Website for more Mother's Day Card inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. Your flowers are so pretty! I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful flowers! The white ink and shimmer paint give them great pizzazz!! Thanks for playing along at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sucker for rolled flowers! I love your layout! Thanks for playing SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! You should enter it into the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge for this week. They're doing a Mother's Day theme too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I love receiving and reading them all. Karen