Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hoot Hoot its your Birthday SUO#16

SUO Challenge No. 16

Well this is for another challenge over at the SUO Challenge website. This time around its raining Cats and Dogs. So we had to make a card with an Animal on it. I decided to get an old favorite out and have a play with it. This set is called Forest Friends. This is the card I came up with.


For my cardstock I have used Early Espresso for the main card and the layer is called Crumb Cake. I then used the Woodgrain Stamp Set and stamped it in Early Espresso ink as well as my little bunny (gotta love the rabbit) and the owl (which are from the Forest Friends Stamp Set). I have used the 1 3/4" and 1 1/4" Round punches to make the hole at the top so that I could put the little owl in. He is attached with Linen thread which makes him move abit. The phrase is from the Sincere Salutations Stamp set and I used the Square punch to make the end look like a flag. I used the embosslits butterfly die to cut out my little butterfly(Daffodil Delight). I really wanted him to sit on my little bunny's nose but it just didn't look right so I ended up putting him on his ear.
I used the scrap pieces that where punched out to make my hole for the inside of the card.

Thanks for looking and don't forget to pop on over to the SUO Challenge site to see all the other cute little animals.

3 comments:

  1. A spinner card! That's awesome!! Thanks for playing SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card makes me smile. Love the idea of the "tree trunk" as a card front and the owl in the hole of the tree. Very creative! Thanks for joining at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever card! I do love a spinner! SO glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I love receiving and reading them all. Karen