Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Daughters Birthday

SUO Challenge 23
For the Kids

I clicked over to anther favorite site (SUO Challenges)for challenges that I like and wow I couldn't believe it. This week the challenge is for "The Kids". We had to make a child's card. You see its my daughters 12th birthday on Saturday so I already had to make a card and it well fits in with this challenge. So I sat down last night after everyone went to bed, more me time at my craft desk, love it....hehe and made Zoe her card.

I went with a favorite colour of hers in Elegant Eggplant and Very Vanilla.
Now which set would be best for a 12 year old. Mmm Totally Tess is perfect for her, well I think, anyway this is what I went with.

I stamped Tess and used my aqua painters and coloured her clothes and hair. I then set about and did some fussing cutting (Oh don't you love fussy cutting). I also used the Lots Of Tags die to make the mirror, with some Brushed Silver Metallic paper. Another favorite is the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and the crimper tool. I used the saying from "Bring on the Cake" stamp set and I have stamped it with elegant eggplant and then versamarked it and with the Heat n Stick powder I used the dazzling diamonds to add some bling. (Bling a girls favorite). Put it altogether and well there you have it.

Here is my card.
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla, Brushed Silver
Stamp Sets: Totally Tess, Bring on the Cake
Inks: Elegant Eggplant, basic Black, Early Espresso
Tools: Crimper, Square Lattice Embossing folder, Lots of Tag Die
Aqua Paitners, Blush Write Marker

4 comments:

  1. Barb says.....this is an ideal teenage girls card....LOVE IT.....hope Zoe was pleased with her card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card - love the mirror and the fun use of Of Tess!
    hugs, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun birthday card for your daughter! Thanks for sharing on SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I love receiving and reading them all. Karen