Sunday, July 10, 2011

Friend to Friend JAI75

Just Add Ink
Colour Challenge #75


Well this week we have a Colour challenge over at Just Add Ink and I must say the samples the design team have come up with are simply fantastic. So we had to make a card with the colours Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and Soft Suede, mmmm now only what to do? I wanted to try and keep this card Quick and Simple. I thought I would revisit a stamp set I don't use very much, but how was I going to do this. I don't have alot of the markers so Soft Suede and Cherry Cobbler being the two I needed as I wanted to do the direct to stamp ink, hence why I chose this set. Hang on maybe if I try the aqua painters and inks, will this work? You never know until you give it ago.


So I used the aqua painters to stamp my cherries and then I used the crystal effects of the cherries to give them the 3D look. Main card is Basic Black, with a layer of Cherry Cobbler which has been embossed with the Leafy Branch Embossing Folder and the Very Vanilla, all I might add have been distressed (hard to see on the picture). I stamped the sentiment from pocket Silouhettes Friend to Friend in Soft Suede added some Black ribbon along the bottom and there you have it.

Here is a close up of the crystal effects on my cherries.

Thanks for stopping by

3 comments:

  1. I like how you have used Crystal Effects on the cherries. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would never have thought to use Aqua painters and ink to ink up my stamps! What a great idea to tuck away for a rainy day. Love the shiney cherries Karen. Thanks for playing this week at JAI ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a nice watercoloury effect Karen inking up your stamps that way Karen - great lateral thinking! Great CAS design. Thanks for playing at JAI.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I love receiving and reading them all. Karen