Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Vintage Layout

Well its been a while in between blog posts, sorry about that
everyone, but time just seemed to pass me by
this week.

I have managed to do a Scrapbook Layout this week.
It's funny how you get things out to do something and
you end up doing something completely different.

Please explain I here. Well my son's work pants needed
sewing and I really don't like sewing (aargh) but this
time it needed the machine, not just a needle and
thread. So after I managed to sew up his pants,
I had a thought and (ouch yes it did hurt) that I
could do a vintage layout with sewing on it......

This is what I came up with.

I started with a 12" x 12" black and very vanilla piece
of cardstock and with matches in hand I burnt the
edges of the very vanilla to get the rugged edging, them
with my sewing machine I sewed a row of black thread
around the edge. I also burnt the Early Espresso Photo mat.
I have used the Early Espresso ribbon and again using my
sewing machine I gathered the ribbon and sewed down the
middle. Added some antique brads and very vanilla
ribbon and Ta Da there you have it. The border on the
top right hand corner is from the DSP Paper Love Letter.
Yes a lot of cutting for this border piece.

Hope you like it
Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I love receiving and reading them all. Karen